Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Valentine's Day Secret Admirer

You receive a Valentine's Day card in the mail from a secret admirer.  According to the love note, the secret admirer will reveal his or her identity on Valentine's Day at a location mentioned on the card.  Oddly enough, this is the same location you are taking your current love interest out on a Valentine's Day date.  Write about how this evening plays out. W.D.

I walked into my apartment building after a long day in class.  I went to my mailbox and in it there was nothing but a small red envelope.  On the outside it only said my name.  The card inside only had a couple of lines.  I am your secret admirer.  I will see you tonight at the Plasa.  No signature.  No name.

As I was getting ready for my valentine date, at the Plasa no less, I kept wondering what Jenn would think about me having a secret admirer.  I knew she was very jealous of the students I helped as a chemistry TA on campus.  She would probably kill me if she thought I had any part in this.

After I picked her up from her dorm, we walked together to the Plasa.  On our way I showed her the card and she immediately tore it to pieces.

"Is this supposed to be funny?" she said.

She did not say another word the rest of the way to the restaurant.  The moment the waiter greeted us her demeanor changed and she was all smiles from that point on.  That is, until Jessica showed up.

"Hello my darling," Jessica said as she planted a kiss on my cheek.

Jenn's smile disappeared and before she could say anything I made the introductions.

"Jenn, this is Jessica.  She's the other TA that works at the chemistry lab."

Jenn looked Jessica up and down as if analyzing her figure, or rather the lack of figure.  She raised one eyebrow in disapproval of the dress she was wearing.

"Nice to meet you Jenn," Jessica said, extending her hand.  Jenn did not return the hand shake. "I do work with your boyfriend here." she added with a smile.  "I really admire his work.  I guess you could say I am his secret admirer."

Jenn grew furious, her face turning red almost instantly.  She shifted in her chair and threw her napkin on the table.

"No, no, no." Jessica said to her.  "We wouldn't want our emotions to get the best of us now, would we?"  She sounded like a mother giving a stern talk to a small child.  "We are in a public place.  We want to behave like a lady."

The tone of her voice made Jenn grow even angrier and without hesitation she leaped out of her chair.  Jessica was slow to react and Jenn tackled her to the floor where both fell motionless.  A pool of blood formed around them but neither of them moved.  Then, a smile formed around Jessica's lips.

She was still smiling when she pushed Jenn's body off of her.  That's when I noticed the knife on her hand.

She stood up with a groan, her eyes never leaving Jenn's lifeless body on the floor.  She then looked down at her dress and shook her head as she wiped the knife's blade on it.  She was still holding it when she shrugged, with her palms facing up.

She tilted her head slightly and smiled when I asked her, "Why do you always have to make such a mess?"

No comments:

Post a Comment